JOB TITLE: Data & Insights Analyst
DEPARTMENT: FRM – Fan Relationship Management
REPORTS TO: Data & Insights Manager
City Football Group is the owner of a number of football related businesses with global relevance. These include high profile professional football clubs, academies, technical support and marketing companies. CFG’s clubs include the Premier League’s Manchester City FC, MLS Franchise New York City Football Club in the United States, Melbourne City FC of the Australian A-League, and a minority shareholder in Yokohama Marinos of the J-League in Japan.
The FRM team’s primary goal is to build fan loyalty and growth across all territories through an understanding of their behaviours and needs.
The Data & Insights Analyst must be highly analytical, personable, communicative and have a proven track record for delivering actionable insight. You will be working in a challenging and dynamic environment where your analysis will facilitate key business decisions and influence marketing strategies. You will enjoy centralising fan interactions from different sources: internal and external datasets (digital engagement, surveys, profiling information, etc.). The ideal candidate will have significant experience in analysing customer purchasing behaviour and translating data into insights that resonate with senior stakeholders across the business. ____________________________________________________________
Key responsibilities • Responsible for providing actionable insights on fan behaviour analysis, optimising ticketing/retail revenues, and driving segmentation strategies.
• Working with data agency on RFV segmentation analysis to see how our marketing activity impacts fan loyalty and encourages movements between segments
• Runs ad-hoc data analysis upon request from the FRM team but also the wider marketing and leadership team
• Define and automate new KPIs to track fan growth, campaign engagement, ticketing and membership sales
• Build data models to improve personalisation and engagement across our digital portfolio: email, website, app, and social media
• Aggregating data from multiple sources to improve automated reporting, customer analytics, and propensity modelling • Drive lifetime value project, understanding customers’ value based on acquisition source to inform marketing strategy and business cases
General responsibilities • Compliance with Club policies • Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures • Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies • To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected • To maintain professional conduct at all times _____________________________________________________________
Internal • Manager • IT Support Analyst (IT) – co-operation • Product Optimisation Manager • Data & Insights Manager (Marketing) – co-operation • eCRM Campaign Executive • Partnership Sales • Research & Insights • Ticketing and Memberships • CFG – FRM
External • Salesforce Senior Account Manager (CRM platform) • Gigya Account Manager (Social Media platform) • Exact Target Account Manager (ESP) • Business Intelligence Account Manager • SAP (CRM platform) • Data & Analytics Agency (Segmentation) • Data Providers (3rd party demographics)
Scope of job • Build ‘360 view’ customer view for analytics & reporting • Automate KPIs for data-driven decision making • Ad hoc projects and insights for MCFC (80%) and sister clubs (20%)
Head of FRM
Data & Insights Manager
Data & Insights Analyst
Knowledge: the level and breadth of knowledge to do the job
• Commercially oriented but comfortable with IT & digital systems • Ability to analyse data to provide insights and recommendations • Can help lead change towards a customer focused culture • Experience of managing data and statistical analysis • Knowledge of propensity modelling techniques • Knowledge of cluster analyses and calculation of lifetime profitability scenarios
Technical/work-based skills: skills specific to the job
• Understanding of SQL • Competence with Microsoft Office, advanced Excel user • Ability to deliver high quality presentations or data tables Desirable
• Macros, VBA, Python, R, SPSS • Working knowledge of CRM platforms • Experience with business intelligence platforms like Tableau and SAS is a bonus • Experience with web/mobile analytics solutions (Google Analytics, Omniture) a plus General skills and attributes: more general characteristics
• Extremely organised and a strong presenter of data • Well-developed analytical & quantitative skills and an aptitude for problem solving • Self-motivated and goal oriented individual with a task delivery mentality • Attention to detail • Disciplined hard worker and collaborative team player Desirable
• Passion for the sport of football Experience: proven record of experience in a particular field, profession or specialism
• Proven experience in an analytical role • Track record in setting and achieving ambitious goals
Qualifications: the level of educational, professional and/or occupational training required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Maths or Computer Science Desirable
• Advanced degree (MA) preferred but not required
To apply, please e-mail your CV and covering letter quoting vacancy reference TR-774-20180604 to email@example.com.
Closing date: 22nd June 2018