The department is responsible for the in-house commercial research and insight function, collecting and analysing data from internal and external sources to provide insight-driven recommendations with a particular focus on developing partnerships with leading global brands.
This department focuses on increasing the rigor and analysis behind the Club’s existing operations and its plans for the future.
The Business Strategy team is a resource that is available to support all departments in the Club, if the project in question is deemed to be of key strategic importance to the Club and is prioritised accordingly.
The department also establishes links to external experts and other organisations to ensure that Arsenal are always on the forefront of industry and market trends/thinking.
The Head of Business Strategy will support the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Team in developing business strategies by providing and utilising market intelligence/research and strategic analyses; challenging current thinking/methodologies; and devising solutions to existing and new business problems.
*This role will support strategic development across the Club requiring the post holder to work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders.*
*Provide research, insight, benchmarking, due diligence and analysis, as requested by the Executive Team, on strategic business development projects across the Club*
Undertake strategic reviews of existing business operations and help make recommendations for brand and revenue optimisation as well as cost and budget discipline
*Develop sound business cases for new and existing business ventures. Provide financial, market and strategic analysis to support each business case or recommendation*
*Interact effectively with external experts such as consultants, accountants, league and research agencies to learn about best-in-class thinking and help further accelerate up the development of the Club*
*Support the Partnership Development team in identifying and analysing target markets and industries, and continually optimising the go-to-market approach more generally*
*Provide direction and coaching to the research and insights team in their quantitative analysis*
*Lead and manage the Business Strategy team (5 excluding the Head of Business Strategy), maximising the performance of the team and acting as a positive role model within the Club*
*Represent the department at key internal decision-making forums (including the Commercial Executive Team) and the Club at selected conferences / external forums*
Match/Event responsibilities and organisation
No direct responsibilities; hosting guests as needed
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- University level (Bachelor), minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Language skills welcome
- Knowledge of sports / media industries strongly preferred
5-7+ Years of previous work experience in strategy consulting, investment banking or strategic role in related field.
*Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments*
*Track record of strategic development and implementation planning, in a diverse commercial environment*
*Experience contracting and managing external research / consultancy services a plus*
*Strong and credible presentational skills, having presented to senior management levels*
*International business experience an advantage*
- Analytical rigor, strategic thinker, ability to evaluate business opportunities and ability to deconstruct business problems
- Advanced knowledge of analytical tools and frameworks, including issue identification, project structuring, data gathering and research, enabling end-to-end problem-solving
- Ability to create viable and realistic business plans and practical implementation strategies, outlining how a new proposition would best be taken to market and exploited by the Club, including development of KPIs / other suitable metrics to allow post implementation assessment of project success
- A creative, committed and resourceful team member who provides and is sought out for high-value opinions and recommendations
- Strong motivational and interpersonal skills and with the ability to mix easily, work effectively and establish relationships both internally and externally across all levels
- Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to present his or her views in a precise and compelling manner, and the confidence and professionalism to represent the Club with style and authority
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Please note you have until 11.59PM on Tuesday 20th November to apply for this vacancy.