Reporting to: Senior Commercial Producer
Department: Chelsea TV
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road.
Contract Type: Full- Time Permanent
Salary: Subject to Experience
Job Function: Chelsea Football Club requires a Media Manager to oversee the flow, cataloguing & delivery of video assets throughout our production environment
Overview: Chelsea TV is the umbrella brand for all video content produced by Chelsea Football Club and is a key contributor to the communications, fan engagement, marketing and commercial media strategies. The in-house content and production department create and publish video across multiple channels
- Digital Publisher : Original video content for chelseafc.com and all social media channels
- Broadcaster : Sky channel 421, multiple international broadcast partners and a live stream via chelseafc.com. Live programming includes over 50 live outside broadcasts, daily live shows and a variety of post-production programming.
- Internal Production : Branded Content, Commercial Partners, Marketing Campaigns and Activations, Club Events, Foundation, Academy and Player support.
Role: Day to day management of assets & deliverables through our Editshare MAM system, and related software applications This position demands a strong understanding of shared network storage solutions associated with linear editing & a good understanding of editing using Avid & Adobe Premiere Pro. Contribute ideas and help design workflows for future projects – e.g manage the digitising of our extensive archive to cloud storage with a third party.
- Manage and oversee input & output of asset deliverables through our Editshare MAM system, and related software applications
- Responsible for improving our file-based workflows throughout the production process
- Responsibility for universal media ingest protocols
- Manage metadata & tagging within our VOD CMS
- Perform network attached storage system management & maintenance
- Support and troubleshooting of Avid software & Editshare MAM by liaising with third party vendors/support as required
- Basic editing tasks using Avid & Premiere
- Archiving and retrieval of media from our LTO tape archive
- Document systems and workflows for operational users
- Solid IT skills covering Windows & Mac OS
- Be able to evaluate new technology and systems, making recommendations where required
- Experience of media file transfer accelerators, such as Signiant and Aspera, would be advantageous, as would a sound knowledge of video codecs and formats
Measures of Performance
- Successful implementation of new asset management and storage workflows
- Increased efficiency within department in regards to the sourcing and management of media
- Meeting all set deadlines as necessary, such as new system roll outs etc.
- High accuracy rate within all workflows
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised
- Key and reliable point of contact for the department in regards to technical edit suite/asset management enquiries, issues and troubleshooting
- Contributes to the overriding video strategy KPI targets
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Closing Date: 29th July 2018